Friday, July 22, 2016

That's all folks!

It's time to shut this thing down.  I started it a couple of years ago just as a place to publish some of the stuff I'd written for RCIA and work out some ideas (I think better with my fingers).  But I never promoted it and it never took off, and for some reason that disappointed me.  I'm not conceited enough to advertise my blog but I am conceited enough to be disappointed in the traffic it gets.

Plus the big story these days are the frequent outbursts from Rome and I, increasingly, have little interest in that but since I have a blog, I feel compelled to say something rational.  The Pope's smarter than I am. He's been to Pope school and all that. The Cardinals that chatter about his mumbling are smarter than I am as well. They went to Cardinal School.  If they can't figure it out then I'm not sure I even want to try.  The wisest thing I can say is "God gave us Francis to cure us of ultramontanism".

I've also felt the urge to make objective, sometimes objectionable, comments about my local parish.  I've gone to some lengths to avoid identifying information, but it's uncharitable and pointless (they aren't going to change anything because of my dyspeptic mutterings).

So all in all, the Blog was doing no good and it wasn't doing me any good either.

Over and out.

1 comment:

  1. Understood. But don't delete the pages in case you change your mind. :)

    ReplyDelete