Sunday, February 7, 2016

Thoughts about the Rites of Initiation in RCIA

My talk from yesterday's retreat

I read it for my own benefit as much as anyone else's. The story of Elijah is about as personal as any I can think of.  I pray for refreshment almost every day. 

In fact, I've been thinking about leaving RCIA for more than a year because I don't know if I can keep going.  Work isn't getting any easier, and I'm not getting any younger and there are other considerations that I don't want to get into in a semi-public forum (assuming anyone ever reads these posts).

I've been looking for a sign, and our new pastor starts on March 1, so maybe that will be it.  With God's grace, I can keep going. But if He withdraws His grace because it's time for me to do something else, I certainly can't do it on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment