Friday, June 26, 2015

Bad for Dallas, Good for Tyler and Good for Fort Worth

Father Wolfe is leaving Mater Dei in Dallas and moving to Tyler.

I'm sorry to see him go. I remember the first time I sat under him for a Sunday Mass at the Carmelite Chapel.  "Who's this guy?" I thought.  He's a quirky speaker but an extremely gifted speaker.  His sermons are well thought out, well prepared, pertinent to the times and enthusiastically given.  What more can you ask?  At the time Father Joseph Terra was the pastor of Mater Dei and now they will be reunited in Tyler.

If it wasn't so far away...

I'm very happy to read that Fort Worth is getting a FSSP parish!  That's just about the best news I've read all year for the DFW Catholic Community.   There's room for many more FSSP parishes in our area.

The FSSP defines traditional Catholicism.  They are as orthodox as you can be but also fiercely loyal to the Bishops and the Pope.  They tolerate none of the critical comments you read on so-called "conservative" Catholic blogs.


No comments:

Post a Comment